“Quick thinking, resilience and a sense of humour: key professional assets for me.”
A wide variety of topics, challenging jobs. Simultaneous interpreting means keeping the plates spinning, however many of them there are. My ability to stay focused and keep my calm in difficult situations comes in useful here. And even when the going gets tough, my humour hardly ever frays at the edges. This is true when I'm in the office – and 100 % true for my work in the interpreting booth.
- 1989 – 1994 undergraduate studies at the University of Mainz (Division of Applied Linguistics and Cultural Studies, Germersheim) and the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
- 1994 degree in interpreting
- Since then freelance conference interpreter for German and English; since 1996 in Frankfurt am Main
- Member of aiic (International Association of Conference Interpreters)
- Selected specials: business with a focus on banking & finance, European banking supervision and real estate, law and litigation, technology, medicine, TV
- Enjoys her racing cycle in the summer, skiing in the winter, and an evening with home-cooked food and a bunch of friends and family at all times of the year