“Focus on the job at hand. Then tackle what's next. That's how I roll.”
As a simultaneous interpreter I'm always focused on what's happening in the here and now. It's become second nature to me, but I also enjoy this undistracted way of working very much. Once the job is done, I turn to what's next on the agenda with the same kind of energy. And that's the momentum that keeps me going.
- 1990 – 1996 undergraduate studies at the Universities of Heidelberg (School of Translation and Interpreting), Edinburgh (Heriot-Watt University) and Paris (École Supérieure d'Interprètes et de Traducteurs)
- 1996 interpreting degree in Heidelberg
- Since 1996 freelance conference interpreter for German, English and French
- Based in London 1996 – 1998; since 1998 in Frankfurt am Main
- 2004 – 2018 lecturer at Heidelberg University’s School of Translation and Interpreting
- Member of aiic (International Association of Conference Interpreters), Member of the German Association of Conference Interpreters (VKD)
- Selected specials: business with a focus on financial markets, monetary policy and European banking supervision, law, especially European patent law, technology - mainly in the automotive industry, polymers
- In my leisure time I enjoy performing as a singer and hiking. At the top of my list: hiking across Europe.